Your Occupation and Income Protection
Income Protection is vital for anyone associated with mining.
In 2009-2010, 23% of serious claims in the industry involved twelve or more weeks off work*.
Have you ever thought how your family would survive if there was no income from your work?
There are a number of factors that affect the cost of income protection. These include things such as:
- Your age
- Your gender
- Your smoking status
- The type of policy you require – and associated benefits
- You level of income
apart from these…the most important factor is YOUR Occupation!
When you call us for a quote, we will ask for detailed information about your occupation to assist us give you an accurate quotation.
We need to know details about:
- your qualifications and industry experience
- your employment status
- how long you have been working at your current site?
- how many sites you have worked at in the past 5 years?
- your specific occupation – things such do you handle explosives or work with high voltage?
What your work arrangements are:
- Are you FIFO?
- Are you DIDO?
- do you work offshore?
We also need to know about the mine features:
- hard rock/soft rock
- open cut/underground
Details about your income:
- Are you an employee?
- Do you receive living away from home allowance?
- Are you entitled to bonuses?
- How your package is made up
We then talk directly to our panel of underwriters to get the best occupational rating for you – which in turn gives you the most competitive price available in the marketplace.
Your occupation is the most important factor when determining price for income protection. There are certain occupations that may have restrictions placed on the policy – such as only being able to have a benefit period of 2 or 5 years rather than a policy which pays until age 65.
We make sure we get the best possible occupation rating for you – to help you protect your most valuable asset….your income.
So just give us a call on 1300 528 121 and we will get you the best income protection policy for you!